Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Aaand we're back! (4 years later)


I am sad that I stopped writing this blog. I don’t really have a good excuse, either. Life got in the way? That sounds so cliché, but it’s true. Once I started teaching with Citizen Schools, it was hard to emotionally attach myself to anything else. But, alas! I am not currently teaching and my brain is constantly yelling at me to get some words onto the paper. So, here I am. We are no longer newlyweds and we are no longer in North Carolina, but I love this so much that I am debating even changing the name. North Carolina Newlyweds (in Leakey). That’ll do for now.
I will probably continue to write about similar things…vintage finds, fun DIY ideas, delicious recipes, etc.  But I will also incorporate new topics that are important to me now, like motherhood, fitness, and anti-aging face creams.

Speaking of face creams, why don’t we just jump right in? I feel like in the past couple of years I have tried 86984593845 face products, from high end to drug store.  And you know what remains my ride or die? 100% all natural rosehip oil. I have tried a few different brands, but I always seem to come back to these two:

This has been my favorite so far. The consistency is so nice and it doesn’t take long at all to absorb.
  

This is my second favorite. The only thing I don’t love about this one is that it has an amber tint, so I have to make sure it’s soaked in completely before doing anything  (like putting my head down on the pillow at night).
 
As far as routine goes, I usually apply rosehip oil after I wash my face in the morning, after I get out of the shower, and before I go to bed at night. I have combination skin, normal to dry, but I feel like I lean more towards the dry side. Using this oil completely repairs my dry skin and gives me an amazing glow. It is also great for combating fine lines and sun damage. I am personally not prone to break outs, so I have never had a problem in that regard. I really just love the way it makes my skin look and feel. Plus it is all natural, which is hard to beat. 

Sticking with the all natural theme, I have also recently fallen back in love with Juice Cosmetics. I first discovered this brand when I found out I was pregnant and started becoming more aware of the types of products that were soaking into my skin. Back then I tried their tinted moisturizer and was pretty pleased with the results.
Pros: SPF 30, all natural, gives a nice glow.
Cons: Super thick and hard to blend, strong clay smell.



 
I found that this works best when I mix in a few drops of my rosehip oil, or mix it on the back of my hand with another one of my moisturizers. Also, a little goes a long way, which makes the price tag of $29 a little easier to deal with.

The other Juice product that I just recently tried for the first time is their CC Cream and I am really loving it.
Pros: SPF 30, easier to blend, a little goes a long way (I'm talking pea size amount), saw results just after a few uses, I AM GLOWING.
Cons: Clay smell.
http://www.amazon.com/Juice-Beauty-Cellular-Repair-Natural/dp/B00GTES1E8/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1455151328&sr=1-2&keywords=juice+cc+cream

I am really feeling this stuff. I swear it instantly made my skin brighter and more even. It is so good that I literally threw on some bronzer/blush over it and was ready to roll. I will definitely be purchasing this again in the future.

I really have stepped up my skin care routine now that I am in my 30's, so I will continue to post about my successes (and fails) when it comes to trying new products. Also, feel free to share some of your favs!

Until, next time! (I am so happy to be writing again, seriously.)

No comments:

Post a Comment