Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hello, Tuesday.

I have lots to share with you today! Andrew and I enjoyed a very fun and exciting weekend. There was music, dancing, drinks, friendship, love, treasures, more drinks, and of course great food.

On Friday we headed to Charlotte to see Delbert McClinton as soon as Andrew got home from work. We checked into our hotel and then took a cab over to the Neighborhood Theatre to meet a few of our good friends. We had been looking forward to this night for a long time!



We bought VIP tickets, which was the best decision ever. VIP meant that we got to sit in this cozy little area above everyone else. There was room to dance and we even had a really awesome waiter to bring us drinks. It was fabulous. As you can see above, I busted out my special mermaid hair for the event :)

The next morning Andrew and I woke up and decided to check out a part of Charlotte that we had not yet explored. We drove over to Uptown to visit a restaurant called Harvest Moon Grille. It had caught Andrew's eye awhile back, so I was excited to see what it was all about. Basically, Harvest Moon Grille is a "farm to table" restaurant, meaning they only use locally grown ingredients from specific farmers. The food is always in season and very fresh.




The menu had tons of brunch and lunch options. I chose the Nelon Knoll's Buffalo Burger, because I spotted the Goat Cheese Pepper Jam under the explanation. Yum! I now realize that I should have taken a photo of my actual plate, but I was too busy being in heaven. This will definitely be a place that I crave often.

After we ate we walked around a bit and enjoyed the warm weather.




Uptown is a lot different from our go-to Noda neighborhood, but I am glad that we stepped out of our usual hang out spot. Uptown is also where the giant Epicenter is located, which houses lots of bars, restaurants, and shopping all in one place. We wondered into a little boutique that caught my eye and I found this bizarre ring:


Craaazy, right? I saw it in the display case and just had to check it out. I call it my "Finger Fro." It may look weird, but I'll tell you what...that day I was stopped by tons and tons of people. Such a fun conversation piece.

After spending some time Uptown we headed back over to the Noda neighborhood (home sweet home). We needed more supplies from our fav incense shop and I wanted to visit a jewelry boutique that I love. I had previously seen this dainty pair of silver, hoop earrings that are designed to let you change out the drops.



So cool! I can either find my own unique drops to hang on the hoops, or I can go back and collect more from the artist. There were lots of options, including stones of all colors. For a dramatic look I could even hang things from just one side. I am excited to play around and find a signature look.

What a successful weekend!!! I will check back in with you later this week with a little surprise. Believe me, you won't want to miss it!
Cheers. xoxo.

1 comment: