Thursday, September 15, 2011

"The Bold Adventurer Succeeds the Best"

Well, we made it! Sorry for the delayed follow up; we don't have Internet at the house quite yet, so I had to wait until we came into Concord to run some errands. I can't believe that we are officially living in our new home. The entire move could not have worked out more perfectly. We had smooth sailing the entire trip, which included a stop in Montgomery for the night. The last day of driving flew by and we were pulling up to our new house before we knew it. Our realtor, Lynn, and the owner of the house, Farzad, were both there to greet us. The house is exactly what we expected, complete with cool character, an interesting layout, and beautiful surroundings. We really are in the best location. There are a few small towns around us, each with its own personality and various offerings. And Charlotte is 45 min or so away, in case we need anything only the big city can offer. So far though, I never want to leave our little area. The food is amazing, the people are fantastic, and Andrew and I both already feel a deep connection to our house. We have been busy moving everything in and getting set up, which includes painting each room and making it our own. Even though we are out in the middle of nowhere, there are still a few other people that live on our street. There is a really nice retired couple that lives closest to us and we have already made friends. The husband is an older gentleman who actually owned the house we are renting before Farzad. He said he would help us with the property maintenance, since there is about 2 acres that needs to be mowed regularly. We told him not to worry about it, but this morning I looked out the window and spotted him on his big ol' tractor mowing our property. Woohoo! Andrew went out to greet him and he explained that he enjoys riding his tractor over to mow, since it gets him out the house. More power to ya, is what I say!

Yesterday Andrew and I drove around for a bit and explored some of the other surrounding small towns. So far, we have a favorite restaurant in Albermarle that not only served up some delicious grub, but also magical drinks. We also have enjoyed breakfast and lunch out at some local cafes. Between the food, the views, and the antique stores on every corner, I believe I am in my ideal heaven. Andrew already said that I am not allowed to venture out unsupervised. I WANT EVERYTHING I SEE IN EVERY SECOND HAND STORE. So far I have found some 1949 versions of Liousa May Alcott novels and a vinyl Stevie Nicks record (topped of with a cover photo that made my heart flutter). I also have my eye on this antique vanity that took my breath away. I made friends with the shop owner and I am hoping we can go put down a deposit down later today. I promised Andrew that I would not bother him for at least two weeks if I could bring home the vanity. I mean, it looks like something Marie Antionette would use, while listening to her favorite Steve Nicks album. I gotta have it.

Overall, Andrew and I could not be more grateful for our new life and this amazing adventure. We find ourselves saying "I love our house!" about a million times a day. We are also taking some time to reflect on the importance of this adventure, since it's going to be part of the foundation our marriage is built upon. We refused the familiarity of our comfort zones and instead we are going to challenge ourselves to grow and experience life. We will work to balance one another in this growth and to compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses. This is the best way to create a positive and nurturing environment for our love and relationship. Even more so, we vow to work towards complete emotional, spiritual, and physical health. We want to start a marriage rooted in clarity, passion, depth, and achieving a higher understanding of consciousness. This move signifies the first steps towards our life together; and we get to do it while remaining connected to nature. I could not be more grateful.

I wanted to post a million photos, but they are taking forever to load. Grrrr. We have to finish running some errands, but I will try to post again sooner than later! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment